Sutherland Springs, Texas
|Sutherland Springs, Texas|
Historic building in Sutherland Springs
|Founded by||John Sutherland|
|Elevation||469 ft (Bad rounding here140 m)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|Website||Handbook of Texas|
Sutherland Springs is an unincorporated community located on the old Spanish land grant of Manuel Tarin in northern Wilson County, Texas, United States. It is located on U.S. Highway 87 at the intersection of Farm Road 539, about 21 miles (34 km) east of downtown San Antonio.
Old Sutherland Springs occupies a portion of the South bank of the Cibolo Creek, with New Sutherland Springs (which is mostly in ruins) on the north bank of the Cibolo Creek.
- "The Good Old Days a history of LaVernia," published by members of the Civic Government class at LaVernia High School for the 1936-37 academic school year.
- "Wilson County Centennial 1860-1960," published by the Wilson County Library; official centennial program handed out by the local community for the "100-year celebration" of the county's establishment.
- "Sutherland Springs". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- McCaslin, Richard. "Sutherland Springs, TX". tshaonline.org. Texas State Historical Association. Retrieved August 3, 2016.
- "Post Offices". Retrieved 6 November 2017.
- "Sutherland Springs: Texas church shooting leaves 26 dead". BBC News. November 5, 2017.
- Sutherland Springs Museum
- A Guide to Sutherland Springs
- Handbook of Texas on Sutherland Springs