Selected anniversaries/November 30
November 30: Saint Andrew's Day in various countries
- 1853 – Crimean War: Russian warships led by Pavel Nakhimov destroyed an Ottoman fleet of frigates at the Battle of Sinop, providing France and the UK cause to join the war.
- 1872 – The first international football match took place at Hamilton Crescent, Glasgow, between Scotland and England.
- 1942 – World War II: Imperial Japanese Navy warships defeated United States Navy forces during a nighttime naval battle near the Tassafaronga area on Guadalcanal.
- 1999 – Protests by anti-globalization activists (pictured) against the World Trade Organization Ministerial Conference in Seattle, Washington, U.S., forced the cancellation of its opening ceremonies.
- 2007 – Swami Rambhadracharya, a Hindu religious leader, released the first Braille version of the Bhagavad Gita scripture.
Emeric, King of Hungary (d. 1204) William-Adolphe Bouguereau (b. 1825) Shawna Robinson (b. 1964)