Selected anniversaries/November 28
November 28: |Declaration of Independence of Albania (1912)
- 1470' – Emperor Lê Thánh Tông of Annam (Vietnam) launched a military expedition against Champa, beginning the Cham–Annamese War.
- 1660 – At London's Gresham College', Robert Boyle, John Wilkins, Christopher Wren and other leading scientists founded a learned society now known as the Royal Society (coat of arms pictured).
- 1895 – The first automobile race in the United States, the Chicago Times-Herald race, was held in Chicago.
- 1971 – Prime Minister of Jordan Wasfi al-Tal was assassinated by the Black September unit of the Palestine Liberation Organization in Cairo.
- 1987 – South African Airways Flight 295 suffered a catastrophic in-flight fire and crashed into the Indian Ocean east of Mauritius, killing all 159 on board.
William Blake (b. 1757) Adina Emilia De Zavala (b. 1861) Philippe Leclerc de Hauteclocque (d. 1947)