Selected anniversaries/November 27
- 1703 – The Great Storm of 1703, one of the most severe storms to strike southern Great Britain, destroyed the first Eddystone Lighthouse (pictured) off Plymouth.
- 1856 – King-Grand Duke William III of the Netherlands unilaterally revised the constitution of Luxembourg, greatly expanding his powers.
- 1919 – The first fraternity exclusively for collegiate band members, Kappa Kappa Psi, was founded on the campus of Oklahoma State University in Stillwater.
- 1944 – Between 3,500 and 4,000 tonnes of ordnance exploded at the RAF Fauld underground munitions storage depot in the largest non-nuclear explosion in the United Kingdom.
- 2009 – A bomb exploded under a high-speed train travelling between Moscow and Saint Petersburg derailing it, killing 28 passengers and injuring more than 90 others.
Horace (d. 8 BC) Jacopo Mazzoni (b. 1548) Georg Forster (b. 1754)