Selected anniversaries/November 25
November 25: Evacuation Day in New York (1783); Holodomor Remembrance Day in Ukraine (2017)
- 885 – A fleet of Viking ships sailed up the Seine to lay siege to Paris.
- 1759 – The second of two strong earthquakes struck the Levant and destroyed all the villages in the Beqaa Valley.
- 1917 – World War I: German troops invaded Portuguese East Africa (fighting pictured) in an attempt to escape superior British forces to the north and resupply from captured Portuguese materiel.
- 1947 – McCarthyism: Executives from movie studios agreed to blacklist ten screenwriters and directors who were jailed for refusing to give testimony to the House Un-American Activities Committee.
- 1960 – The Mirabal sisters, who opposed the dictatorship of military strongman Rafael Trujillo in the Dominican Republic, were beaten and strangled to death.
Osanna of Cattaro (b. 1493) Hu Zongxian (d. 1565) Josie Fitial (b. 1962)