Selected anniversaries/November 24
- 1542 – Anglo-Scottish Wars: England captured about 1,200 Scottish prisoners with its victory in the Battle of Solway Moss.
- 1642 – A Dutch expedition led by Abel Tasman reached present-day Tasmania, Australia.
- 1922 – Irish Civil War: Author and Irish nationalist Robert Erskine Childers was executed by the Irish Free State for illegally carrying a semi-automatic pistol.
- 1963 – Businessman Jack Ruby shot and fatally wounded Lee Harvey Oswald (shooting pictured), who assassinated U.S. President John F. Kennedy, during a live television broadcast, fueling conspiracy theories on the matter.
- 2015 – A Turkish fighter jet shot down a Russian Sukhoi Su-24M, claiming the latter had strayed into Turkish airspace and ignored warnings to change course.
[Magnús Óláfsson (d. 1265) William Webb Ellis (b. 1806) Anna Jarvis (d. 1948)