Selected anniversaries/November 21
November 21: World Hello Day; Armed Forces Day in Bangladesh
- 1977 – "God Defend New Zealand" (pictured) became New Zealand's second national anthem, on equal standing with "God Save the Queen", which had been the traditional one since 1840.
- 1386 – Turco-Mongol conqueror Timur captured and sacked the Georgian capital of Tbilisi, forcing King Bagrat V to convert to Islam.
- 1894 – First Sino-Japanese War: After capturing the city of Lüshunkou, the Japanese Second Army killed more than 1,000 Chinese servicemen and civilians.
- 1916 – HMHS Britannic was destroyed by a Naval mine off the Greek island of Kea, making it the largest ship lost during the First World War.
- 2009 – An explosion in a coal mine in Heilongjiang, China, killed 108 miners.
Columbanus (d. 615) James Hogg (d. 1835) Annie (b. 1977)