Selected anniversaries/November 20
November 20: Reciting the sermon on the night of the martyrdom of Imam Reza (Islam, 2017); Transgender Day of Remembrance; National Sovereignty Day in Argentina
- 284 – Diocletian (pictured on coin) became Roman emperor, eventually establishing reforms that ended the Crisis of the Third Century.
- 1776 – American Revolutionary War: The Battle of Fort Lee marked the invasion of New Jersey by British and Hessian forces and the subsequent general retreat of the Continental Army.
- 1917 – First World War: The Battle of Cambrai began with British forces having initial success over Germany's Hindenburg Line.
- 1952 – The Slánský trial, a show trial against Czech General Secretary Rudolf Slánský and 13 other members of the Communist Party of Czechoslovakia, was held.
- 1990 – Andrei Chikatilo, one of the Soviet Union's most prolific serial killers with 56 convicted murders, was arrested in Novocherkassk.
Giovanni Battista Agucchi (b. 1570) Gervase Helwys (d. 1615) Cri-Zelda Brits (b. 1983)