Selected anniversaries/November 2
- 619 – Emperor Gaozu allowed the assassination of a khagan of the Western Turkic Khaganate by Eastern Turkic rivals, one of the earliest events in the Tang campaigns against the Western Turks.
- 1932 – The Australian military began a "|war against emus", a flightless native bird (specimen pictured) blamed for widespread damage to crops in Western Australia.
- 1949 – The Dutch–Indonesian Round Table Conference ended with the Netherlands agreeing to transfer sovereignty of the Dutch East Indies to the United States of Indonesia.
- 1957 – A large number of people witnessed a fiery object in the sky near Levelland, Texas, which the United States Air Force said was ball lightning.
- 2007 – In Tbilisi, Georgia, up to 100,000 people demonstrated against the allegedly corrupt government of president Mikheil Saakashvili.
Daniel Boone (b. 1734) Alfred Domett (d. 1887) Harriet Bosse (d. 1961)