Selected anniversaries/November 13
- 1002 – King Æthelred II (pictured) ordered the massacre of all Danes in England.
- 1642 – First English Civil War: The Royalist army engaged the much larger Parliamentarian army at the Battle of Turnham Green near Turnham Green, Middlesex.
- 1927 – The Holland Tunnel, connecting Manhattan with Jersey City, New Jersey, under the Hudson River, opened.
- 1992 – The High Court of Australia ruled in Dietrich v The Queen that although there is no absolute right to have publicly funded counsel, in most circumstances a judge should grant any request for an adjournment or stay when an accused is unrepresented.
- 2007 – An explosion hit the Batasang Pambansa complex in Quezon City, the Philippines, killing Congressman Wahab Akbar and at least four others.
Malcolm III of Scotland (d. 1093) Robert Louis Stevenson (b. 1850) Amory Lovins (b. 1947)