Selected anniversaries/November 11
- 1215 – The Fourth Lateran Council convened, during which it was declared that belief in the Roman Catholic doctrine of transubstantiation was obligatory.
- 1500 – During the Italian War of 1499–1504, Louis XII of France and 'Ferdinand II of Aragon signed a secret treaty to divide the Mezzogiorno between themselves.
- 1934 – The Shrine of Remembrance (pictured), a memorial to all Australians who have served in war, opened in Melbourne.
- 1940 – Second World War: The Royal Navy launched the first all-aircraft ship-to-ship naval attack in history against the Italians in the Battle of Taranto.
- 1999 – The House of Lords Act was given royal assent, removing most hereditary peers from the British House of Lords.
Fyodor Dostoyevsky (b. 1821) Nat Turner (d. 1831) Leonardo DiCaprio (b. 1974)