Selected anniversaries/November 10
- 1202 – The first major action of the Fourth Crusade and the first attack against a Catholic city by Catholic crusaders, the Siege of Zara, began in Zadar, Croatia.
- 1865 – Henry Wirz, the superintendent of the Confederacy's Andersonville Prison, was hanged after a controversial conviction, becoming the only American Civil War soldier executed for war crimes.
- 1945 – Indonesian National Revolution: Following the killing of the British officer Brigadier Aubertin Walter Sothern Mallaby|A. W. S. Mallaby a few weeks prior, British forces began their retaliation by attacking Surabaya, Indonesia.
- 1989 – Longtime Bulgarian leader Todor Zhivkov resigned and was replaced by Petar Mladenov (pictured).
- 2007 – At the Ibero-American Summit in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos I of Spain asked President of Venezuela Hugo Chávez "Why don't you shut up?" after Chávez repeatedly interrupted a speech by Spanish Prime Minister José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero.
Afzal Khan (d. 1659) Paweł Jasienica (b. 1909) Leona Woods (d. 1986)