PeoplesPedia:Selected anniversaries/November 18
- 1809 – Napoleonic Wars: In the Bay of Bengal, a French frigate squadron captured three East Indiamen mainly carrying recruits for the Indian Army.
- 1872 – American suffragette Susan B. Anthony (pictured) was arrested and fined $100 for having voted in the U.S. presidential election in Rochester, New York, two weeks prior.
- 1956 – In the Polish embassy in Moscow, Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev said "We will bury you" while addressing Western envoys, prompting them to leave the room.
- 1987 – In London, an underground fire killed 31 people at King's Cross St. Pancras tube station.
- 2012 – Pope Tawadros II of Alexandria took office as the 118th Pope of the Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria.
Thomas of Bayeux (d. 1100) Asa Gray (b. 1810) Maribel Domínguez (b. 1978)